GridGain Community Edition

Expand all | Collapse all

How can I determine if/that a node is replicated?

• 1.  How can I determine if/that a node is replicated?

Posted 01-04-2020 11:04 PM
    Background:
    - All Cache, Sequence instances and SQL tables are created with CacheMode.REPLICATED
    - Instance replacements in AWS - a new instance is created - the old instance is stopped.
    - Both instances are available for about 5 minutes. System works fine.
    - After the old instance is removed, the SQL Queries fail with
     ClusterTopologyServerNotFoundException: Failed to map keys for cache (all partition nodes left the grid).
    - Even after a few hours to have both instances up at the same time, the data is not replicated to the second instance.

For example, the logs show:
    [2020-01-04T23:03:01,461][INFO ][exchange-worker-#39%blue-3.208.31.170%][GridCacheProcessor] Started cache [name=SQL_PUBLIC_CALL, id=-2066699933, memoryPolicyName=default, mode=REPLICATED, atomicity=ATOMIC, backups=2147483647, mvcc=false], encryptionEnabled=false]

(1) How can I monitor that the cache instances and tables are replicated to the new node?
    (2) Is there a way to say that replication is #1 priority for the new node?
    (3) It seems that per SQL table it has to be created WITH "template=replicated". Is there a way to set this and other "WITH" parts for tables as default?

------------------------------
    Thanks - Jorg

• 2.  RE: How can I determine if/that a node is replicated?

Posted 06-12-2020 08:26 AM
    Hi Jorg,

1. There are several ways to do this. The easier way to use Web Console: https://www.gridgain.com/docs/web-console/latest/rolling-upgrades. It shows the rebalance process in %. Also, you can monitor logs and wait for messages about rebalance completion for all caches.

2. You can give more thread to the rebalance thread pool size to make it faster. The more threads it has, the more other operations on the cluster can be affected by the rebalance process: https://www.gridgain.com/docs/latest/developers-guide/data-rebalancing#configuring-rebalance-thread-pool

3. I don't think there is a way to do this, you should give a template to the DDL operation so it can use it.

Evgenii Zhuravlev
    Team Lead
    GridGain Systems