GridGain Community Edition

Expand all | Collapse all

How can I read data using GridGain cache from third party persistence storage (PostgreSQL)?

• 1.  How can I read data using GridGain cache from third party persistence storage (PostgreSQL)?

Posted 12-04-2019 08:08 PM

Using GridGain Web Console, I imported the schema from a PostgreSQL database, configured the schema & cache names using web UI and downloaded the project.

GridGain cluster is deployed in a OpenShift container based environment, where GridGain nodes are up & running. The web agent is also deployed in the container.

How i can deploy this cluster configuration for loading cache from third party persistence storage on top of GridGain?

Do i need to deploy the imported XML files from downloaded project manually on GridGain nodes to create a cache from the PostgreSQL database.

Please suggest any documentation to execute this feature on container based environment. 

------------------------------
    Ankit Gupta
    BigData consultant

• 2.  RE: How can I read data using GridGain cache from third party persistence storage (PostgreSQL)?

Posted 06-12-2020 08:21 AM
    Hi,

This is answered on Apache Ignite User List: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/3rd-party-persistence-From-RDBMS-load-data-into-Ignite-cache-tc30710.html

You need to use "project-name-server.xml" configuration file for your servers and "project-name-client.xml" for the applications that will be connecting to the cluster of servers. No any other JARs are needed, WebConsole simply prepares some code templates that can be reused by your apps but those templates are optional.
    What might be needed is a reconfiguration of Discovery SPI and IP Finder that depends on your environment. By default, the console sets MulticastIPFinder and you would need to select a different one:

Thanks, Alex
    Alexander
    GridGain