GridGain Community Edition

Expand all | Collapse all

Persistent database question

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Persistent database question

Posted 07-10-2019 10:52 AM
    Greetings everyone. I would like to know if GCE can be used as an independent RDBMS as the persistent database in a cluster. Specifically, I want to make some independent MySQL instances as a cluster. My idea is that the data in one table can be split into different instances, like HBase. So that the cluster is scaled out.

But the cross join and some other aggregate operations are difficult for the client user. So I want a compute framework to handle this. I have checked out Spark, and it can do so, but not with complete SQL support (subquery not supported and etc), and the performance is not so good for oltp.

So I want to know if GridGain Community Edition is suitable for this situation?

Thanks,
    Larry

• 2.  RE: Persistent database question
    Best Answer

Posted 07-10-2019 12:48 PM
    Hello Larry,

GridGain can be used in two deployments mode:
    - As an in-memory data grid that sits on top of MySQL, HBase, or other external storage. 
    - As an in-memory database with native persistence (system-of-records use case). Ignite persistence is used for storage needs.

So select which deployment option works for you. If you'd like to deploy GridGain as IMDG on top of MySQL and HBase, then refer to these docs for more details. If Ignite persistence is a better solution, then go here. (GridGain docs for open-source features will be published in September, so for now, please continue using Ignite related pages).

Regardless of the deployment mode, you can use Ignite SQL and Compute Grid for your operations. This includes JOINS and other operations.

------------------------------
    Denis Magda
    Bear
    GG
    ------------------------------