Getting Started with Apache Ignite

Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure Apache Ignite with multiple config files

• 1.  How to configure Apache Ignite with multiple config files

Posted 28 days ago
    Hey all, I need to configure Ignite with multiple caches with different names within one cluster using Spring XML. The goal is to eventually have one jar file for each cache for the ease of deployment.

* Use GridGain web console to generate the cluster configurations code for each cache. So, for example I create two jars for two different caches, each jar will have a xml file for the cache configs.
    * Copied the two jars to the GridGain/libs directory.
    * Started Ignite from the bin/ignite.sh. My understanding that Ignite should automatically load the two caches. It doesn't seem to do so.

I have noticed that I should pass the config path when running the ignite.sh script, however, I am not sure how to pass multiple files. Should I create a root xml file that wildcard imports multiple xml configurations from multiple locations and pass that root xml to the ignite.sh script?

Any help or suggestions on how should I approach this?
    -Scott

------------------------------
    Scott Keeler
    Consultant
    self-employed

• 2.  RE: How to configure Apache Ignite with multiple config files

Posted 18 days ago
    You can't really start Ignite/GridGain with multiple configuration files. Instead, a common pattern is where the server nodes have a very minimal configuration, maybe just discovery and stuff like Peer Class Loading being enabled. Then a client connects and defines the caches, or in your case, multiple clients would connect, each defining a single cache.

Having said that, I'm not clear how having each cache in a separate file would make deployment easier?

Regards,
    Stephen

Stephen Darlington
    Consultant
    GridGain Systems

Would you attend a July Meetup?

Announcements